We are a diverse group of Helena Citizens who have joined together to campaign for passage of the 2017 Elementary School Bond.
The time is now. It’s been 40 years since Helena last passed an elementary school bond to build a new school. We need to address our aging facilities and ensure safety and technology upgrades are put into place throughout the k-8 school district.
- The proposed bond impacts ALL students in our elementary and middle schools (from the city to the valley) by building new schools and addressing technology and safety needs. This bond does not close any neighborhood schools.
- The proposed bond would replace the current elementary school structures at Jim Darcy, Bryant and Central and build new school 21st century learning facilities.
- The proposed bond updates technology at all k-8 schools in the district, including C.R. Anderson and Helena Middle Schools.
- The proposed bond addresses safety and security issues at all k-8 schools in the district, including C.R. Anderson and Helena Middle Schools.
The Helena school bond election will be held on May 2. It is an all-mail ballot, meaning all registered voters in the Helena elementary school district will receive a ballot in the mail around April 17th that they must return by May 2.
The proposed bond would cost approximately $10 per month for every $200,000 in home value.
For more information on the specifics of this bond, please visit the Helena School District’s website.
We are accepting check donations of any amount and they can be sent to: YES FOR HELENA’S FUTURE, P.O. Box 1932, Helena, MT 59624.
Thank you for your support!
We need volunteers to help us reach all voters in the Helena school district! If you are willing to volunteer, you can do any of the following:
- Register online to volunteer
- Email us at email@example.com
- Stop by the MEA-MFT offices (1232 E. 6th Ave) any Tuesday or Thursday from 4-8pm or Saturdays from 10-2 to help make calls or knock doors to support the bond.
Register to Vote
You can register to vote for this bond by sending in this voter registration form, and mailing it in by April 3. After April 3, you can fill out the form in person at the Lewis and Clark County Elections Office (316 N. Park Ave #168).
Contact the campaign
- The Ambassadors of the Helena chamber of Commerce
- Helena Education Association
- Helena Education Foundation
- Big Sky Central Labor Council
- Helena Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Business Assistance Connection
- Montana Public Employees Association
- “We Love Central School” Facebook Page
- United Way of the Lewis and Clark Area
- YWCA Helena